TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

She will always be in Brigadoon...


I have just read that Cyd Charisse has passed away. I am so very saddened by this- almost as much as when Gene Kelly died. Brigadoon has been on my favorite movie list since I was a child. I can't imagine how many times I have seen the film- and each time as enchanted as the first. I can't even begin to put into words how that movie and others like it have shaped my life. Hell- it's probably one of the reasons I am still single. The chemistry with those two- the way they danced, the way they sang, the way they looked at each other. I have always been searching for that overpowering love. I have tears in my eyes know thinking of the final scene when he came back to find her waiting for him in the mystic fog. I am about to put the dvd in and cry myself to sleep- but with a smile on my face as I thank her for delightfully blighting my youth! She was so wonderful in so many pictures- "Silk Stockings", "Singing in the Rain", "The Harvey Girls" (which I saw again on TCM the other day!!!) and so many more. Enjoy the wonderful clip "Heather in the Hills" and how lovely she looked in Janet's "Alright":



No comments: