TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Slowly returning to "normal"

This past Sunday was such a perfect Jazzfest day that I have barely landed back in the real world. Sure it was hot as Hades. Crowded? What?! We got there prior to the opening of the gates to secure the best spot possible. We totally scored a great location, spread out our blanket- added the contraband kahlua to our Cafe Du Monde iced coffee, and prepped ourselves for the day. First off- Wanda Rouzan and the New Orleans Experience. Woof- Wanda got the party started! She is such a blast! Totally got me amped for a day of dancing. Then came Frankie Ford. This man is too much. This old queen, all dolled up and telling filthy jokes. I was in stitches as he rambled on about whatever popped through his medicated haze. Even danced a jig with my mother to "Sea Cruise" hehe! Then the man, the myth, the legend- my new friend Allen Toussaint graced the audience with his talent. If I hadn't already been drunk, I would have been intoxicated from his performance.

Then- my true moment of zen, or jaeger, or whatever you want to call it. From the opening of Steely Dan's set I was in heaven. The music I have loved so much in my room, my car, my life- was being played in front of me. To say that they were perfect would be to undervalue the experience. Hearing "Do It Again" live only solidified my opinion that it is indeed one of the best songs ever written.



My high never had a chance to lessen as Harry Connick, Jr. hit the stage. Getting the crowd to dance like Mardi Gras Day- he and the band even had me crying at one point. Sure I was tripping a bit from the mushroom someone handed me- but it was still wonderful!

I am sure to share more stories from the fest, but had to quickly share my mind's soundtrack for now!!

3 comments:

- B said...

haha, yea not quite the same as some of our family memebers outlook on life, my blog is http://xwittynamex.blogspot.com/ although its certianly not as interesting.

- B said...

haha so yea, i'd say your blog isnt quite the same outlook as some of our relatives. Mine is http://xwittynamex.blogspot.com/ but it is certianly not as interesting.

- B said...

hmm... i may have sent you a bunch of comments before realizing you have some sort of moderation thing...well good luck with that.