TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Friday, February 2, 2007

It's Kick Off Time (not the stupid bowl!!)

The parades and madness get off to a raucous start again this year with the Krewe du Vieux parade on Saturday night! This parade, along with the Barkus dog parade, goes through the Marigny and the French Quarter- the only two parades in New Orleans that do not follow the traditional St. Charles route.

Made up of such smaller Krewes as "The Krewe of Underwear", "The Krewe of CRUDE", "The Krewe of Drips and Discharges", and "The Krewe of LEWD"- the Krewe du Viuex parade has long been one of a very adult nature hehehe! By far the raunchiest parade of the year with most, if not all, floats having a very phallic nature. So it should go without saying that I freaking love this parade!! I was so drunk last year (it was freezing so I fought the cold with a tumbler of straight Absolut) that I lost my winter jacket at the Pub afterwards! I am totally enlisting a chaperone or four for this year!

The theme for this year's parade is "Habitat for Insanity" with celebrated local columnist Chris Rose officiating. The parade begins at 7- but I would stake out my spot early if I were you! I will hopefully be posting pictures on Sunday so keep your eyes peeled!

No comments: