TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Molly Ivins 1944-2007


I am so sad right now- I just found out that the incomparable Molly Ivins has just lost her battle with breast cancer. I don't even know what words to try to use to pay proper respect. To say she was one of my favorite people might not convey how much I truly enjoyed her. One of the smartest, wittiest, and unflinchingly brave women who has ever lived. "Molly Ivins Can't Say That Can She?" was one of the funniest books I have ever read. Pound for pound more laugh out loud moments than any other book before or since. She had such a wonderful way of telling a story- how else would I have ever wanted to read about Texas politics? I will miss her humor, her criticism of all things wrong, and most of all- that infectious, hearty, women shouldn't sound like that Texas laugh.

No comments: