TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Friday, January 18, 2008

Dancing at work- AH WOOOO HOOOO


The first time I remember hearing the Dazz Band was at the Bangor State Fair in 1983. I was 12 years old- and on my favorite ride "The Flying Bobs" (a.k.a. The Himalayan, Matterhorn- you get the picture!)- thankfully that day the Carny in charge was really f'd up and let us ride for what seemed like hours.
The only song he would play- "Let It Whip" and I was totally hooked. 25 years later it is still one of my absolute favorite songs. If you don't want to shake your ass to this song- I don't want to know you hehe!



While "Let It Whip" was their most popular single- other tunes in their library were just as impressive- enjoy "Joystick", "Swoop", and "Invitation to Love"- and for a little lagniappe- a jam with the architect of Funk- George Clinton!







No comments: