TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jazzfest 2008 Lineup

Woohoo- Mardi Gras isn't even here yet and I am already planning the festivities for Jazzfest! The lineup this year looks fun as hell- I am definitely going to be needing the Brass Pass again! No way I want to miss a day!

Some of the headliners- The Neville Brothers, Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffet, Tim McGraw, Santana, Maze Feat. Frankie Beverly, Sheryl Crow, Widespread Panic, Dr. John, Al Green, Diana Krall, Keyshia Cole, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, The Roots, Steel Pulse, Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint, Cassandra Wilson, Bettye LaVette, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Ingrid Lucia, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and many more!

I am definitely going to need to pack an extra pair of underwear for Robert Plant- he may not have his looks anymore- but shit- when that dude screams, I get wet!

Not sure that there is a clear front runner for who I am most excited to see. STEVIE?! I have always wanted to see him! Same goes for AL GREEN! I have seen Billy Joel several times- as recently as this past spring here in NO- always a great show. I saw Santana back in the 80s so it will be awesome to catch them again. I've never been a big parrot head- but Buffet's shows bring insane crowds. Speaking of insane crowds- wait until all of those hippies swarm for Widespread. I am going to be walking around with deodorant that day for sure!

I am certain to gush more about this in the weeks to come- but for now- sit back and enjoy some of the songs I hope that we can hear live!!







No comments: