TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Monday, February 18, 2008

Supreme Beings of Pleasure


There was a time when I used to drop tons of money at the music store. I would normally be at Tower or Sam Goody's etc on Tuesdays when new music came out, and then again on the weekend to load up on songs I had thought of during the week. Then along came Napster- and I became the Quincy Jones of downloading. Screw paying ten bucks for a cd with ONE song that was half decent. I was stoked- I could pick and choose the songs and artists that would be on my discs. I still do this, but I often miss the ALBUM- the artists story told in sequence. I used to love it when I couldn't pick a favorite song- just let it play beginning to end and repeat. Albums like APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION, PURPLE RAIN, THE CHRONIC, LIKE A PRAYER, BACK IN BLACK, etc. That being said- let me share my latest find.

I found this first video by Supreme Beings of Leisure on a friends blog and loved the song so much I bought (gasp) their new album that night. As described on the label's site:

"Supreme Beings of Leisure released their third album this week, the enchanting 11i. The album's 11 songs take you through a day in the life of the protagonist, from "The Light" to "Lay Me Down". Loungey, sexy, atmospheric... this is the album to take you away."

I couldn't agree more- I have been hypnotized by this album. And as my friend wrote on his blog- I definitely will be fucking to this cd!!

Unfortunately, there aren't any videos for the new album out yet- but you can check the band and tunes out at their



Myspace Page

. But for now- enjoy "Strangelove Addiction" and "Never The Same" from their 2000 debut- followed by the sampler for their latest! And as a bonus- their beautiful remix of The Bee Gees!!!!

Let me know what you think!!







No comments: