TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Make it work...


My semi-unhealthy obsession with Tim Gunn is in overdrive right now. His new show "Tim Gunn's Guide To Style" is starting on Bravo and I am already glued. Oh! And for the chocolate covered cherry on top?! My second favorite supermodel of all time- Veronica Webb is the co-host!! I am still gushing as it is airing right now- but wanted to share some of my favorite lines so far- after all, my reason for loving both Tim and Veronica is their language. The two of them are very bright and witty and I just giggle whenever I hear them speak.

The woman they are helping on this episode dresses like an aging whore. An aging whore with bad taste. After viewing her pictures, they visit her house and are amazed at the sophistication of the decor. They are having a hard time understanding how a woman who looks like she does, has a home that is so tastefully apportioned. Tim says "This does not look like a home that she would live in?!" Veronica adds "or would be invited to..." HAHAHAHAHA! First laugh out loud moment of the season!

As she is defending all of her belongings, she gets to her purse collection. She declares that she only uses handbags. Tiny cocktail party purses. They wonder aloud how practical this is for her. Tim asks "what kind of woman uses a cocktail purse during the day? I know but I'm not saying" HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am just digging this show for all the wrong reasons...

2 comments:

jason said...

drat! I missed it.

I share your love of Miss Webb.
I'm so glad to see her back!

Mr Gunn is pretty fab too...
Thankfully, they re run everything, right?

No Milk Please said...

i've always loved veronica webb because of her wit and brains. she writes for various magazines too.