TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ohhh- I know that song- what is it?!


Haven't done this in a while- probably because the last time I did, the only person who guessed was the person I "liberally lifted" the great idea from! But I persevere! Oh- and that lovely couple getting down in the picture? Random kids at FQFEST this year!
The Rules - Put your iTunes on random. Post lyrics from the first songs that play. Post it on your blog & let everyone guess the song & artist. When a song is guessed correctly, strike out the lyrics & post the title in bold. Looking the lyrics up on any search engine is cheating!! So, if you know the song - leave your guess in a comment. If you’re right, I’ll post your name (or link). Enjoy!

1. Dig that steam/Giant butt/Makes me scream/I get a nut nut nuthin/but the shakes over you/(Nothin) Nothin' else could ever do...

2. (Song Title)/In the twilight's last gleaming/This is open season/But you won't get too far/We know you've got to blame someone/For your own confusion/But we're on guard this time/Against your final solution...

3. Gettin down for life, thats right, you better learn/Why play with fire, burn/We get together like a choir, to acquire what we desire/We do dirt like worms, produce G's like sperm/'til legs spread like germs/I got extensive hoes, with expensive clothes/and I sip fine wines and spit vintage flows/What y'all don't know?

4. There once was a time and there once was a way/We had something going and to my dismay/Attention to me seemed to drift though I don't know where/And when we're alone seems there's nothing to say/I bring up a topic and you push it away/You say that you do but I think it's just you don't care/Why do I feel you're using me...
****"I Beg Your Pardon" by Kon Kan - correctly identified by Luis Ramirez- right on Luis!!

5. Thinkin' short of what you got/Better get it while it's hot/Ain't no better love than your own/Unmistakin' urge 2 be sexin' with society/How can you be happy alone...

6. Every man deserves a good woman/and I want you to be my wife./Time is so much better spent with you baby/a woman just like you in my life./So let me love you/fill you up inside/I want to hold you baby...

7. Whispering in his ear/my magic potion for love/telling him I'm sincere/and that there's/nothing too good for us/and I just got to be (song title) ...

8. What is this madness/That makes my motor run/And my legs too weak to stand/I go from sadness/To exhilaration/Like a robot at your command/My hands perspire and shake like a leaf/Up and down goes my temperature/I summon doctors to get some relief/But they tell me there is no cure...

9. Must have been livin' right the day I met you/Had to be a starry night, my dreams came true/I don't deserve him, I don't understa-and/I'm gonna love you the best that I can ...

10. Theres a message/In the wild/And Im sending you/This signal tonight/You dont know
How desperate Ive become/And it looks like Im losing this fight/In your world/I have no meaning/Though Im trying hard/To understand/And its my heart thats breaking...

2 comments:

luisramirez said...

The name of 4th song is "I beg you pardon" by Kon Kan. Do you know the name of the song with the same tune after the phrase "Why do I feel you're using me" ?

Angel with a crooked halo said...

The only song I can think of off the top of my head with the same or similar tune is "Brand New Lover" by Dead or Alive.