TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Random Thoughts on Southern Decadence 2007


Thanks for coming down to enjoy SD and spend your $$ here. Hope you found positive things to report. We're not out of the woods by any means and still sorely need assistance.Pass the word that we're still here, cher. Thanks and book again for next year.

Well, isn't this special!!!! Drag queens and catamite associates enjoying the warm sun. The culture of death/sodomy is flourishing and 'coming together' in the N.O. Quarter. Be well............

and i am not either a perv or sodomite.. they put on a great parade and spent a lot of money in the french quarter.. you probably drank Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and marched with that ex-con married to a stripper.. rev storm? lmao..

Pervs' indicates the plural possessive...perhaps you meant to write the simple plural "pervs". By the way, why did you come to the Quarter, knowing the nature of the weekend's revels?

Hmm,
$100 million + spent over the course of 3 days.
Over 100,000 visitors that spend 3-4 times per person than the average tourist.
NO reports of serious or violent crime.
I say let's have more of this.

****Lifted those comments with no particular design from the forums at Nola.com- despite the few comments on the evil ways of attendees, it would seem that even the normally feisty crowd lurking in the Vieux Carre forum was happy with the turnout and shows this past weekend. I couldn't agree more- this was my first time viewing the Decadence parade- in years past I usually slept all day and was out all night. What a different Decadence I had- sooooo much fun and laughs. Wasn't all that decadent- since I have been doing shots of Jaeger before breakfast for many years now hehe! On my list of things to remember for next year- bring bags of old beads! I never think to haul beads anywhere or that I will scream for them any time other than Mardi Gras- but I get on that corner of St. Ann and Bourbon, and I see all of those "tourists" shouting and catching and I lose control! There was a huge black queen up on the Bourbon Orleans balcony- and I just started shouting- "I love your big black booty!!" "Show me them groceries!!" Bammmmm! I had a fistful of beads before I knew it! I still get so exhilarated when beads fly my way! I have friends who give me hell- saying that enough is enough, that I have been here 5 years- there is no reason to still flip out for beads. To them I say- the day I stop flipping out for beads will be a sad one- means I stopped breathing, etc.!


**This is not from Decadence- just evidence of my dragon-like bead lust from this past St. Patrick's Day!!

2 comments:

jason said...

Well, I'll be...I read just those very comments at nola.com myself.

I *remember* when I see the word "catamite."

Congrats on getting those beads!

Angel with a crooked halo said...

hehehehe- i prefer to be called "catty-mite"!!!