TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Summers past

I found this totally cool video of Muse's "Invincible" as a theme park ride at http://justinspace.com/blog/:


And it totally brought me back to my high school years and Funtown USA- the Superdrome or Thunderdrome (soooo not to be confused with either the Superdome or Thunderdome- so calm down Master/Blaster) as I always remembered it- is actually "The Astrospere" billed as: "the most exciting light show you'll ever experience. The Astrosphere combines the speed of a Scrambler Ride with a music and light show experience."

The song played in the Astrosphere is "Fire On High" by E.L.O.: Electric Light Orchestra- and has been that song since the ride was first created over 20 years ago! I love the song- it always makes me think of throwing up a little in my mouth after wolfing fried dough and stealing cigarettes. I don't know that it is the most exciting light show I have ever seen- but it is certainly one of the most memorable light shows of all time. In Saco, Maine. In the 80's. You get my point?


No comments: