TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Simply Wonderful


As a tribute to another one of my heroes- another strong, beautiful woman I met in the 70's- I really need to psychoanalyze this shit someday! Despite loving the universe it is ostensibly based in- I am not a huge fan of the show "Smallville". sure the dude playing Clark is hot as hell, and they sprinkle enough guest characters to get this fanboy salivating- it's just fairly dull. I did watch last weeks episode though- solely to see the incredible Lynda Carter. I am not going to go into her role or any of that crap- but I did want to share the following quote from TV Guides interview with the icon. The prospect of a Wonder Woman movie has kept many a Wonderfan in Depends for years- the recent attempt at a successful production by Joss Whedon was particularly exciting as I became more familiar with his work. Pretty much the kiss of death apparently because it has fallen apart. I still have hope something spectacular can be done, as does Lynda:

“I really hope that it is a huge success, it needs to go forward. It needs new juice. But I hope they keep the integrity of the character, her goodness. She’s not just about superpowers,” Lynda said.

I just adore her!! And- judging from the picture below which was taken during her run as Mama Morton in the London stage version of "Chicago" so does Father Time!!!

No comments: