TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Friday, April 13, 2007

Sunday April 15th at 11 am

In keeping with today's apparent theme, I am going to gush about another incredibly talented woman for a moment! This weekend is the French Quarter Festival- full of delicious food, great music, and some of the best people watching ever. (Just look at some of the pictures I am posting from past festivals hehehhe!) One of the full on highlights for me this year is another chance to see Ingrid Lucia and the Flying Neutrinos perform. I first saw Ingrid last year during a party at the W kicking off some shitty new Pepsi (so so soda, yummy free drinks!) and fell in love.

To quote Village Voice: "The Flying Neutrinos: one of the most ecstatic quintets to emerge from New Orleans in recent memory, spot lighting blues, standards, and intriguing originals. The Neutrinos are solid crowd pleasers, thanks to Todd [Londagin], the only trombonist-blues singer-tap dancer in captivity, and Ingrid Lucia, who wiggles like a French Quarter Betty Boop."

I couldn't have said it any better. So much fun- and she's a pistol! Between songs she was swearing like a sailor and keeping us in stitches. Do yourselves a favor, check out her website, and get to the fest early for her show- I am staking out a prime spot to boogie- come find me!!

No comments: