TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Monday, April 23, 2007

These sounds fall into my mind (Inaugural edition)

Ok- so when I was googling Uncanny Alliance today- I came across the coolest blog. So what do I do when I love something? I make it mine!! Since I can't hijack the blog- I will do the "Loved it on BBC now let's put it on NBC" deal. Hopefully turns out like the job done on "The Office" more than that shitty spin on "Absolutely Fabulous"!!!

*The Rules* (in case you want to do it too!)
Step 1: Put your iTunes on random.
Step 2: Post lyrics from the first 10 songs that play.
Step 3: Post it on your blog & let everyone guess what song & artist the lyrics are from.
Step 4: When a song is guessed correctly, italicize the lyrics & post the title in bold.
Step 5: Looking the lyrics up on Google (or any other search engine) is cheating!!
So, if you know the song - leave your guess in a comment. If you’re right, I’ll post your name (or link). Enjoy!

Here we go:

1. I used to be a queen you know
On an island by the sea
With rainbow coloured people
Hah!
Happy as can be
We never had a problem
There never was a care
the love was everflowing and it's feeling shared ...

2. Its all so confusing, this brutal abusing
They blacken your eyes, and then apologize
Youre daddys good girl, and dont tell mommy a thing
Be a good little boy, and youll get a new toy
Tell grandma you fell off the swing

3. Cause I don't kinda go for that messin' around
You be listening to my records' a number one sound
Step to the rhythm step step to the ride
I've got an open mind so why don't you all get inside
Tune in turn on to my tune that's live

4. And you thought it was only in movies
As you wish all your dreams would come true
It aint the first time believe me, baby
Im standin here feeling blue
Yeah Im blue

5. Makin’ it doin’ it 'specially at show
Feeling kinda high like a Hendrix haze
Music makes motion moves like a maze
All inside of me
Dee-Lite "Groove is in the Heart" Tnt!

6. Rock! An' if you feel like clapping your hands go 'head!
An' if you feel like clicking your heels click your heels!
Were gonna rock you'll we're gonna have a good time

7. They put you in a home to fill in
But I wouldn't call that living
I'm like a boy among man
I'd like a permanent friend

8. always on the scene
good looks and more posessing all of me.
So when it starts to coming on
catch me getting in the mood

9. I watch you drinkin and I take my time,
I watch you drinkin all that cheap red wine, oh!
Ive got to see you naked baby,
Id like to think that sometime maybe,
Tonight my goals in sight, yeah!

10. TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you've got

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#5 - deee-lite - groove is in the heart... one of the greatest songs ever!

i'll have to wait till i'm back at my desk to re-read them and see if i know more.

glad you liked my quiz so much!

Angel with a crooked halo said...

one of the happiest songs ever!! perfection!!