TCM 31 Days - Day O Ram

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today's the day!


I am going to have a very hard time staying on task today! I am jetting out of the office at the first possible moment this afternoon. Bee-line straight to More Fun Comics! If I don't get into an accident on the way there, it will take my last bit of self control to get home in one piece. With issue 50 of "52" coming out today- World War III erupts in the DC Universe! The picture with the army of heroes honing in on Black Adam certainly hints at some major action. Being released as well are four special issues that get into the meat of the war and how it effects specific heroes. Just under a year ago, at the end of "Infinite Crisis" all DC titles jumped one year ahead in time. "52" has been telling the story of that missing year- hinting at the cataclysmic event that sparked the jump. While I have not been terribly thrilled with many of the One Year Later titles- I have totally enjoyed "52". I am anxious to read the conclusion, but know in no way are all loose ends going to be tied up. A few weeks back I entered a post when they first announced the next weekly coming out of DC. "Countdown" is shaping up to be another thrill ride that ricochets throughout the DCU. If they can keep the momentum for another weekly series it will indeed continue my weekly mad dash on Wednesdays!! I will update with my thoughts this evening!!

No comments: